Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Totally Illogical



 "Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."



"You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They only asked one question after a man died: 'Did he have passion?'" -Serendipity





"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas Edison



"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."



"Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -Albert Einstein



"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." -Marilyn Monroe




"There are four things you cannot recover in life: the stone after it's thrown, the word after it's said, the occasion after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."




"Progress always involves risk; you can't steal second base and keep your foot on first." -Frederick Wilcox






"Here comes the story of The Hurricane, the man the authorities came to blame, for something that he never done, put in a prison cell but one time he coulda been the champion of the world." -Bob Dylan





"Juno MacGuff: 'I think I'm in love with you.'
Paulie Bleeker: 'You mean as friends?'
Juno MacGuff: 'No... I mean for real. 'Cause you're, like, the coolest person I've ever met, and you don't even have to try, you know...'
Paulie Bleeker: 'I try really hard, actually.'"




"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time." -Forrest Gump




"The bad news: there is no key to the universe. The good news: it was never locked." -Swami Beyondananda




"Smile though your heart is aching. Smile even though it's breaking. When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by." -Charlie Chaplin





"You remind me of the times when I knew who I was. But still the second hand will catch us like it always does... We'll make the same mistakes; I'll take the fall for you... But still we'll say 'remember when,' just like we always do." -Story of the Year






 "You make me smile like the sun, fall out of bed, sing like a bird, dizzy in my head, spin like a record, crazy on a Sunday night. You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe, shine like gold, buzz like a bee. Just the thought of you can drive me wild. Oh, you make me smile." -Uncle Kracker



"She's a woman in love. And he's gonna break her heart to pieces, but she don't wanna know. She's a woman in love, she can't let go." -Tom Petty






 "There is no way to peace; peace is the way." -A. J. Muste



"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now... I could use a dream or a genie or a wish to go back to a place much simpler than this..." -B.o.B






"There goes the last DJ who plays what he wants to play and says what he wants to say... And there goes your freedom of choice, there goes the last human voice, there goes the last DJ." -Tom Petty





"Hoping for the best, just hoping nothing happens. A thousand clever lines unread on clever napkins. I will never ask if you don't ever tell me, I know you well enough to know you never loved me... Why can't I feel anything from anyone other than you? And all of this was all your fault... I stay wrecked and jealous for this, for this simple reason, I just need to keep you in mind as something larger than life." -Taking Back Sunday





"I just want to look back and say that I did it the best I could while I was stuck in this place, had as much fun as I could while I was stuck in this place." -Dazed and Confused






"As we grow older, it becomes difficult to just believe. It's not that we don't want to, but too much has happened and we can't." -Now and Then





"Sometimes all it takes is one voice. Take what you want, steal my pride; build me up or cut me down to size. Shut me out but I'll just scream; I'm only one voice in a million, but you ain't takin' that from me." -Natasha Bedingfield





"Feel the rain on your skin. No one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in. No one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips. Drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten." -Natasha Bedingfield






"It's like God gave you something, man, all those stories you can make up. And He said, 'This is what we got for ya, kid. Try not to lose it.' Kids lose everything unless there's someone there to look out for them. And if your parents are too fucked up to do it, then maybe I should." -Stand By Me





"Look to this day,
For it is life, the very life of life.
In its brief course
Lie all the verities and realities of your existence.
The bliss of growth,
The glory of action,
The splendor of beauty.
For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision,
But today, well-lived,
Makes every yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well, therefore to this day,
Such is the salutation of the dawn." -Kalidasa








"Wasn't it easier in your lunchbox days, always a bigger bed to crawl into. Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything, and everybody believed in you? It's alright, just wait and see. Your string of lights is still bright to me. Oh, who you are is not where you've been. You're still an innocent... Wasn't it easier in your firefly-catchin' days, and everything out of reach, someone bigger brought down to you. Wasn't it beautiful runnin' wild 'til you fell asleep, before the monsters caught up to you... Time turns flames to embers, you'll have new Septembers. Every one of us has messed up too. Lives change like the weather, I hope you remember, today is never too late to be brand new." -Taylor Swift







"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller's Day Off





"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." -Pablo Picasso




"Without darkness there are no dreams."






"Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away." -Hitch






"We watch the season pull up its own stakes and catch the last weekend of the last week, before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced. Another sun-soaked season fades away." -Dashboard Confessional






"Michelangelo said the best way to judge the essential elements of a sculpture is to throw it down a hill and the unimportant pieces will break away. Sometimes life is like that. It tosses us down a hill. But when we reach the bottom and only the important things are left, that's when our vision clears. That's when we hold on tight to what we know, while hope stirs inside us. It's all a matter of perspective." -Everwood





"I watch you spin around in your highest heels. You are the best one, of the best ones. We all look like we feel... You have stolen my heart." -Dashboard Confessional





"If you're feeling frightened about what comes next... don't. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you to places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness. Don't waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment as it comes, because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up, and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart... where your hope lives. You'll find your way again." -Everwood






"There is no key to happiness, the door is always open." -Marc Gohres





"No matter how old you are, it's hard not to get excited when snow starts to fall. Because, so long as it keeps coming, no one can make you go anywhere or do anything. All life's rules are suspended." -Everwood




"Dreams aren't meant to be understood any more than tragedies can be avoided. Life happens to us... the only certainty in all of it is that it just keeps happening." -Everwood

No comments:

Post a Comment