1. Chicken Dish
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water (or white wine)
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian salad dressing mix (such as Good Seasons)
- 1 pound boneless chicken pieces, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, water, and Italian dressing mix in a bowl. Stir in the chicken; allow chicken to marinate while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and bell pepper; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove the the chicken from the marinade using a slotted spoon, and transfer to the skillet; reserve the remaining marinade. Cook and stir the chicken until no longer pink in the center, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add reserved marinade, then sprinkle cheese on top. Do not stir. Cover and simmer on low heat until cheese is melted and chicken is tender, about 20 minutes. Allow the dish to rest for a few minutes before serving.
2. Homemade House Dressing
- 1 1/2 quarts olive oil
- 1/3 cup garlic powder
- 1/3 cup dried oregano
- 1/3 cup dried basil
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 2 quarts red wine vinegar
- In a very large container, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, onion powder, and Dijon-style mustard. Pour in the vinegar, and mix vigorously until well blended. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
3. Rosemary Roasted Turkey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Wash the turkey inside and out; pat dry. Remove any large fat deposits. Loosen the skin from the breast. This is done by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin. Work it loose to the end of the drumstick, being careful not to tear the skin.
- Using your hand, spread a generous amount of the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg. Rub the remainder of the rosemary mixture over the outside of the breast. Use toothpicks to seal skin over any exposed breast meat.
- Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Add about 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the pan. Roast in the preheated oven 3 to 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the bird reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
4. Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 3 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, mix the shredded chicken, light cream cheese, green onions, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, garlic, and cilantro. Season with chili powder, cumin, oregano, and paprika. Cover, and chill at least 2 hours.
1 dozen eggs
1 1/2 cup half & half
1/2 - 1 lb of cooked crumbled bacon
2 - 3 cups chopped frozen broccoli
2 - 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
Mix eggs and half & half. Add spices. I use a lot of onion powder. Add the remaining ingredients and put in a Pam sprayed casserole dish and bake at 350 for approximately 45 minutes or until the knife comes out clean. Do not overcook!
6. Almost Loaded Baked Potatoes
1 bag of frozen cauliflower, thawed
1 pack of bacon bits or 5 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
8 oz of cream cheese softened
8 oz of cheddar
Chop the cauliflower into chunks and nuke for 10 minutes in a small casserole dish. Add everything and stir, then smooth out in the dish. Dust with paprika and a little butter if you like. A little pepper on top is good too. Bake at 350 until brown and bubbly, 25 to 40 min. Just keep an eye on it. I do spray the dish with Pam first.
7. Pizza Casserole
1-2 lbs. sausage (or hamburger)
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped (if desired)
Pepperoni, cut up (if desired)
1 can pizza sauce
1 pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
Brown meat and add chopped peppers and onions. Then add pepperoni and cook for a while. Drain and add pizza sauce. Place in casserole dish, cover with mozzarella, and bake 30 to 45 minutes.